Search for NUTS2 regions
In a letter dated 30 July 2013, the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE) approved REDcert's request to use NUTS2 values to calculate the GHG emissions in farming. This means that effective immediately the NUTS2 values may be used for the GHG emissions in addition to the partial default values for farming and the previously published estimates for farming. With respect to the greenhouse gas emissions savings of at least 50% that must be reached by law by 2018, the use of NUTS2 values will make things easier and result in better GHG values.
REDcert has developed a tool to search for NUTS2 regions for biomass farmed in Germany for its system participants.
Just a few steps to perform a search with the tool for NUTS2 regions:
1. To start, please click on the sample start page of the NUTS tool shown below.
2. If a car license plate prefix is entered, the respective NUTS2 region and the respective NUTS2 values for various biomass types are displayed.
3. These values can be used as alternatives to the familiar partial default values for GHG emissions in farming.
4. Please select between the units kg CO2-eq/t and g CO2 eq/MJ.
5. If you want to search for several car license plate prefixes, please click "Add" and then "Search". The NUTS2 values for the respective car license plate prefix and the ʺMAX valueʺ for the selected regions are then displayed.