REDcert has defined requirements for each step to create a transparent and all-encompassing inspection system. The neutral inspection and certification under the REDcert system is conducted by independent certification bodies that satisfy the following requirements:
- accreditation by the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung – BLE)
- satisfaction of international requirements (such as e.g. ISO 45011)
- carrying out independent and impartial inspections
- deployment of qualified and expert personnel
- participation in an initial training held by REDcert prior to taking up its activities under the REDcert system and in other informational and training events offered by REDcert
- registering with REDcert and concluding a contract
Before taking up their inspection activities, the inspection bodies and inspectors must be registered by REDcert GmbH. The registration process is shown here.